Monday, February 22, 2016

Downton Abbey

It has been three years since my last post about Downton Abbey. I have since caught up on the seasons I missed, and continued to watch the new seasons faithfully. It is with a sad heart that I am writing to say this unbelievable experience is now coming to an end. There is one final episode to watch in the sixth and final series, and I feel as if I am loosing a group of family members that I have come to love and enjoy spending time with each week. I can only say to Julian Fellowes, the creator of the series, that he has made me truly feel all of the emotions that he wanted to express in each of the characters' words and scenes. I have felt the joy and sorrow portrayed in the families' lives so deeply that I have cried and laughed out loud many, many times while watching the show. I will miss it all;  the glorious costumes, the beautiful scenery, the extremely talented actors and actresses, and the home(upstairs and downstairs,) as if it were my own. Most of all, I will miss the wonderful story that I have enjoyed for so many years and hate to see come to an end. Farewell to Downtown Abbey, and the end of a glorious run!

No comments: